Dark Noursons Index du Forum
Dark Noursons
Le forum des méchants noursons!

Dark Noursons Index du ForumFAQRechercherMembresGroupesProfilS’enregistrerConnexion

Love That Boy What Two Presidents Eight Road Trips And My

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Dark Noursons Index du Forum -> Les Noursons Publics -> La taverne
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
thawat

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 12:24 (2017)    Sujet du message: Love That Boy What Two Presidents Eight Road Trips And My Répondre en citant

Tyler and I inch toward the Green Room, in line with blow-dried TV anchors and stuffy columnists. He’s practicing his handshake and hello: “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Mr. President. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Mr. President. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Mr. President.” When the couple in front of us steps forward for their picture, my teenager with sky-blue eyes and a soft heart looks up at me and says, “I hope I don’t let you down, Dad.”
What kind of father raises a son to worry about embarrassing his dad? I want to tell Tyler not to worry, that he’d never let me down. That there’s nothing wrong with being different. That I actually am proud of what makes him special. But we are next in line to meet the president of the United States in a room filled with fellow strivers, and all I can think about is the real possibility that Tyler might embarrass himself. Or, God forbid, me.

LOVE THAT BOY is a uniquely personal story about the causes and costs of outsized parental expectations. What we want for our children—popularity, normalcy, achievement, genius—and what they truly need—grit, empathy, character—are explored by National Journal’s Ron Fournier, who weaves his extraordinary journey to acceptance around the latest research on childhood development and stories of other loving-but-struggling parents.

Details:
price: $5.00
bound: 240 pages
publisher: Harmony; Reprint edition (April 4, 2017)
lang: English
asin:
isbn: 0804140502, 978-0804140508,
weight: 7.2 ounces (
filesize:

Love That Boy: What Two Presidents, Eight Road Trips, and My Son Taught Me About a Parent's Expectations Ron Fournier
Love That Boy: What Two Presidents, Eight Road Trips, and My Son Taught Me About a Parent's Expectations free iphone

"I want you to do well in your sports, and I want even more to have you do well with your books; but I do not expect you to stand first in either, if so to stand could cause you to overwork and hurt your health."The original sinof parenting is the baggage we drag into it.Too often, rather than accepting our brilliantly unique children, we reshape them2 Connect With Us FacebookTwitterGoogle+TumblrPinterestInstagram Cart: 12 BooksAuthorsSeriesAbout Us FOURNIER: Well, in 2005, well before he was diagnosed, I was leaving the White House beatWe want change, and we want it in the worst wayLove that Boy reminds us not to be preoccupied with weaknesses, but to look for strengths

FOURNIER: We went to Sagamore Hill as part of the tripBushWhat are your top three suggestions for couples who are under immense stress from a situation similar to yours and Loris? FOURNIER: Im glad you picked up on that, because this book is about all children and was written for all parentsOh, my God, he might even be embarrassing meIn your experience, what is something that you think schools can do immediately to change the approach to teaching children with Aspergers? FOURNIER: The biggest thing they could do would actually help all students: Create a culture of acceptance and tolerance, a place where being different is cool

MsThey did it because that's what public servants doHe was telling me to love my son despite the fact he's a little quirkyIt's not typically shownI'm a jockSIMON: (Laughter)

.To your question, I wrote a lot in the book about my parents happy marriage, and the two pieces of advice my dad gave me shortly after I got married to LoriIt's a new word for meCKOI969FM 7,077 views 3:43 The Rise of Negative Partisanship and Nationalization of US House and Senate Elections - Duration: 53:18It is the latter that is the blessingTyler cut me offDANA PERINO: Youve spent your career observing the country and the world and reporting on major events but, as far as I know, this is the first time youve ever written about yourself and your family.Love That Boy is an intensely personal and strikingly honest book about you as a dad and a husband 48a4f088c3

Better Out Than In: Part TwoSuperhero Daniella: A 6 x 9 Lined Journal NotebookHow To Speak And Understand Your Doberman Pinscher's Hidden Language: Fun and Fascinating Guide to The Inner World of Dogskachidoki+ohagurotonbo+nihikime%3A+yuturitosugiteiku+tokinohazamani+%28Japanese+Edition%29The Serial Killers, Book 2: The Female Serial KillersBorden of Yale '09Vision 2020Staffy Terrier Dog Book Folding PatternThe reign of Henry VIII from his accession to the death of Wolsey vol 3 (History of British Royalty Book 80)I Am a Heroin Addict

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 12:24 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Dark Noursons Index du Forum -> Les Noursons Publics -> La taverne Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation